Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finally in our home!!!


My deepest apologies to all of our friends and family....but, WE NOW HAVE INTERNET!!!! I will keep you better informed since I can do it from the comfort of my OWN couch in my OWN home!!!

We have been somewhat busy over the past 2 months awaiting moving day. I actually spent a week in the hospital in July. I discovered many differences in our healthcare systems.....mainly because you can order beer or wine with your hospital dinner!!! My poor husband spent every day by my side, taking very good care of me. Andriah had to pull "Mommy duty" with Holton, and she did a GREAT job! Thank God for family!

Holton has really enjoyed being the only American in his school. He says that his friends ask him to say different words just to hear his accent! He began chess club and had his very first chess tournament! He will be taking Fridays off from school this semester to learn surf and swimming safety...of course, the school takes care of funding, transportation and will have him back by 3pm!!! How cool is that??

Andriah and I have been unpacking and putting furniture together for over a week and we are tired. Robert has had to work all day, and then come home and help move...we miss our vacation already!

Robert is currently away with work touring the country, from Brisbane to Canberra to Melbourne, then Sydney and back home on Saturday night. He is having a great time and learning more everyday about our proud Aussie allies.

We are still learning new words...like the word "pissed" means drunk here. So, when I told the cable guys not to "piss off the hornets in the corner" they looked at me kinda crazy!!! How do you get hornets drunk, exactly?!?

I have included pictures, so I hope everyone enjoys them. Love to all and I promsie to keep things up to date now!!


No comments: