Monday, June 18, 2007

Wild Birds Everywhere!!!

We have a very cool park next door, and Holton took a stroll through there the other day. Turns out that thousands of birds frequent the place and you can hand feed them! We gave away all of our french fries (chips) that day! Now when we visit, we always take something to feed the birds. There were dozens of peacocks, ibis, sea gulls, ducks, geese, pigeons and several types that we have never seen! We need to buy a bird book to figure out all the different kinds! Robert and I go for our morning jog through this same park...very serene. The Aussies have a way of maintaining their nature parks in very busy areas! They know that the real estate is valuable (this park is actually waterfront property down it's entire length!) but they value the wild life more! What a lovely place to have next door!

4 comments:

DAD / Alan said...

AWSOME DUDE! Thats right up your alley, wildlife everywhere! your memaw would love that place as well. Im sure god has a place like that in heaven for her to visit. the peacocks are very loud arn't they? See if you can find a male peacock tail feather laying around on the ground. I Love YOU! Thanks for posting the pics.

DAD / Alan said...

Hey Holton, Its Aunt Peggy,
I have been looking at all of your pictures. Wow!!! Looks very pretty and seems as if you are on a extended vacation. I am leaving you my email, pegclee@mail.com. If you get a chance, drop me a line. I would like to hear from ya, maybe I too can get a web cam. We miss ya here in Smithville, better known as H town, Hilliard. Take care, miss ya lots. Hugs and Kisses, Aunt Peggy

linda and hugh said...

We are home, What a beautiful site, So glad you all are haveing time to enjoy nature. Wish we were there. Papa is doing better , said to watch out for those birds.
We love you all and miss you.
Later,,,,,,,Gigee & Papa

CJ, Kat, Randy, Dareck and Pugs Waggoner said...

Helloooooooooooooo! NEED AN UPDATE PLEASE!!!!! What are you guys doing out there???