Monday, June 9, 2008

Robert's Happy Birthday in Australia

Robert had a wonderful birthday this year! As you will see, Holton and I prepared a meal fit for a king for him and everyone enjoyed themselves. However, Robert's day began much earlier than this!
I thought it would be 'funny' to call the guys at his work to let them know it was his birthday....told them to give him a hard time and buy him a drink, or something. Well, not only did his co-workers wish him a happy birthday but the students did too! Then, the RSMA (Regimental Sergeant Major of the Army of Australia) was present to wish him a Happy Birthday! The RSM's had a conference at Kokoda Barracks and they all wished Robert a wonderful birthday!
The next day, Robert received many calls from family with best wishes...including a very interesting serenade from Gene Holton himself :)

Robert had already celebrated all day with the guys before coming home for our little party. I am so glad that it was a great day for him...he definately deserves it!!

No comments: