Friday, May 25, 2007

Last Full Day in the States......for awhile :)

Good morning everyone! Well the movers came, and took EVERYTHING.....even some trash! Can't complain when it's free though. We spent the next day cleaning and then drove to my parents to stay for a few days......and so mama can spoil me a little, I won't lie!
Tomorrow we load up on that bird and start a very long journey! Rob, Driah and I are so tired from the moving that we have been sleeping 10-14 hour nights since we got here. Andriah just doesn't start sleeping until 5-6 am each morning....bad time for insomnia! Holton has been enjoying the week with his father and will be here today. Everything is coming together for the end, so we can start our new beginning!
Phone calls and visits with family end with "travel safe" "Keep in touch" and "We love you". I am new to this whole moving away thing and have been in touch with a friend of mine, who is also a Navy wife, to ask for guidance.
I find myself laughing at odd things throughout the day...no I am not losing it.... yet. People at the bank say things like...."can you drop by next week?" Ha Ha Ha "NO" or those annoying solicitors call on the phone with "in three short weeks you could have a new Discover card!" Ha Ha Ha "NOPE" my favorite is "would you like me to drop it in the mail so you don't have to come and pick it up?" Ha Ha Ha "Not if you want me to have it this month!" I went through a drive thru and they gave me coupons. Being raised like I was, you don't waste coupons! I gave them to my Mom cause I am sure the Australians wouldn't take an American Taco Bell Coupon!! It's been quite surreal, you know?
Strangeness aside, we are packed....iPods charged and ready to take on another challenge! We have really learned to work closely as a family these past few weeks and I think we will all do just fine. First, we go through customs at Sydney airport...this is supposed to take a long time :) Then we drag all of out luggage (8 checked bags, 6 carry-on's) to a bus and ride to the Australia Domestic Airport and catch a flight to Canberra. Canberra is actually the capital of Australia, not Sydney, and it is within the state of ACT (Australia Capital Territory). Kinda' like Washington D.C. We will get to see the American Embassy...promise to take lots and lots of pictures for Kat Waggoner and post them!! Then off our destination....The Gold Coast of Australia! Our hotel/apartment is on Main Beach (Whoo Hoo) which is just north of a place called Surfer's Paradise!! (I think I will manage) Robert will commute 15 minutes to the Academy in Canungra, Queensland...to teach them Aussie Army boys what being a solider is all about!! (you go , BABY)
We hope to have Internet at each hotel....we heard the outback is quite civilized. If not, I will try to "walk about" and play a "digereedo" around the campfire!! (That means go to the outback to camp and play an Aboriginal musical instrument) I know it sounds cheesy, but what's the point of a blog site if I can't educate you all on Australian culture?!?!?
Love to all and I miss you already!

6 comments:

CJ, Kat, Randy, Dareck and Pugs Waggoner said...

You are so funny! You will do GREAT on your FIRST military move..the most important thing is to have a good attitude and you have that my friend so all will be well. It will not always be easy, but take what you are blessed with and make the most of it..and remember...you have little ones watching you and they will follow your lead. Get out and explore, soak it all in and then share it with us (LOTS of pics!!!) so we can be jealous! ENJOY THE ADVENTURE! Love, Kat ;)
G'Day Mates!!!!! :)

Rob, Amy & Holton said...

hows is tomorrow going
Hey gang, just getting the blog going, looks really cool and high speed. Hope yall getting settle in and enjoying the new spot. Holton, tell me how the kangaroo steaks taste. Robert, let me know when you wrestle your 1st crocodile. Amy, shoot a snake. Driah, meet some good looking Aussie gals to interduce me to. Love Yall, take care.

Patrick

Aime Lou said...

I'm so happy for you all. I hope you have a wonderful time. I wish you all the best. Stay safe, keep God close and he will keep you closer! Hope to see you when you return. Email me: zmoon@comcast.net
LOVE the tats!

Love,
Aime Lou & family

emily&&the family said...

omgg.i miss you so much
ok well i hope that all of the hott guys are looking nice&&tan for driah &&aunt amy!<3wish i was there!lol but it's midnight here it's 12:04am on friday.what is the time difference?well i love ya'll &&i hope that the couch is feeling just lovely to uncle robert!lol we love ya'll &&enjoy yourselves!

<3always
the carroll's
((cannot wait to go shopping:]]]))

linda and hugh said...

just waiting to here from you.
and trying to figure all of this stuff out.we love and miss ya'll.
-mom and dad

linda and hugh said...

hulin1Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday WE LOVE YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
MOM & DAD