Monday, May 21, 2007

Movers come today!

I wanted to post one more update before the actual move. The movers will be here in an hour!! We were up until midnight, packing and planning....stressing and worrying! I have no idea how to pack for two months, for the other side of the world and then decide what to leave and what to take! Thank the heavens for my husband, who seems so "together" and "calm" through all of this! I have someone that I can depend on to handle all the "moving pieces" and can stop and give me a much needed hug and kiss to help me through it all.
The family is very excited for us...no one is letting on that they are saddend by our leaving. They seem to know that we need their strength as well.
We are packed now, and as ready as we are going to be! Holton has finished 5th grade with honors! Andriah has all of her college transcripts and is ready for college "down under". I am focused on getting the kids settled before I do anything for myself. Although, the Army is putting us up in a sea side apartment for the next two months. We are situated inbetween 4 major shopping malls, the beautiful Pacific Ocean, about 22 theme parks and one casino. I think I can find something to do during my downtime!
Rob will have a short 15 minute drive to work. We plan to find a permanent place near the ocean as well! Imagine, I have always wanted to live by the beach and my incredible husband gives me the Pacific Ocean....by the Great Barrier Reef....and the Gold Coast of Australia to choose from!! Wow, I love this man!!
Gotta go and direct the movers, we will miss everyone. Please keep visiting the site and keep up on our adventures.....add comments at the bottom, we would love to hear from you!
Later,
Rob, Amy, Driah n Holton

6 comments:

CJ, Kat, Randy, Dareck and Pugs Waggoner said...

HEY!!! Welcome to the world of 'blogging, and military moves, and life with a military man....:) You are doing great...make sure to add more pics!!! MORE MORE MORE! I am so happy for you. You have a beautiful family! Enjoy the adventure! Love, Kat :)

Tracy said...

Hello Amy, Robert & Family, I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure. You know me, I'm all about travel and adventure. Australia/New Zealand is on my life list of places to see. I wish you a safe journey, love, joy and happiness in your new home!!! I look forward to receiving your updates

Anonymous said...

Amy, Robert, & Family,
We are going to miss you all so much. I am glad you all did the website. I am so happy for both of you and wish you many blessings! Keep us posted and you all know that we are here if you should need anything. The kids are going to miss the time they got to spend with Holton after school! I know this is something Robert must do and I am so thankful that there was a way for the family to go. We will keep you all in our prayers! We love you all so much. Good luck and God Bless!
Love, The Lotts - Roy, Sonya, and Kids
PS:I hope you find something to do on your downtime Amy....It sounds like it may be a little hard to find SOMETHING to do.....Don't forget the sunscreen:)

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time. Be safe!!! We leave on Thursday for NYC, that is somewhat like the outback. Keep us ole country folks posted. Get the place by the sea. I will be out to visit soon. Take care.

Sk8er Ben said...

sup sup sup heres double rbf the 4th here just thought i check out the new website of you guyss and girl.Holton, i heard your hair is getting long to girls the hair is the lady maker but to me is the nice loo.....i mean the nice personality yup all about the personality!! well i love you all because you are all my family soo ill see you all and i miss you and soon i will see you guys again i promise!!!

pkremovals said...

Really good post,Its a good blog with lots of information. Keep the good work on. this will help me a lot in the future.
removalists gold coast